Okay, I'll put this stuff under a cut so that people don't have to read it if they don't want to.
Right. So, I was watching television earlier, The Learning Channel, actually. My siblings, my mother and I watch that station a lot in the early afternoon, around 12 or 1 o'clock, usually. We were watching "A Wedding Story," which is basically a show that follows a couple as they prepare for their wedding, and explains how they got together, etc.
So we were watching, and today's episode featured two women who were getting married. To each other. They didn't call it anything but a wedding, they didn't act like it was weird or blasphemous, just like it was two people who were committed to spending their lives together.
Which brings me to my rant: WHY THE HELL are the producers of cable television more tolerant than the government of the United States of America?!?!?!?!?! I mean, WHAT THE FUCK. Why haven't the people in charge of TLC ever been elected? My goodness, they certainly seem to have a better understanding of the Constitution. They're actually committed to making life better for the American people! Not only are their shows entertaining, they also give us a good view of reality!
I really can't stand the fact that I have more faith in the entertainment industry than in the government. I think I want to pay my taxes to the cable people from now on >.<
Snagged from disutansu.
1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
2. Am I loveable?
3. How long have you known me?
4. When and how did we first meet?
5. What was your first impression?
6. Do you still think that way about me now?
7. What do you think my weakness is?
8. Do you think I'll get married?
9. What makes me happy?
10. What makes me sad?
11. What reminds you of me?
12. If you could give me anything what would it be?
13. How well do you know me?
14. When's the last time you saw me?
15. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
16. Do you think I could kill someone?
17. Describe me in one word.
18. Do you think our friendship is getting stronger/weaker/or staying the same?
19. Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen?
20. Are you going to put this on your Livejournal and see what I say about you?